Hourly Positions: Cashier, Line Cook, Fryer, Expo, Prep, Supervisor
Come join the Starbird team, we are always hiring hourly positions at Starbird.
Perform your scheduled position in a professional manner, while proactively assisting fellow team members as needed and as directed by the Management Team.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position. Hours may be different every week and schedules are not set or guaranteed.
- High school education required.
- Ability to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Energetic, outgoing and naturally hospitable personality.
- Embraces all of Starbird’s Core Values, Hospitality/Service Standards and Team Member Standards. Follows all Starbird policies and standards, as described in the Starbird Team Member Handbook.
- Ability to consistently maintain a positive, friendly attitude no matter the emotional state of self or the guest.
- Presents positive first impression along with professional image. Impeccable, high personal standards for dress and grooming.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to manage a heavy workload. Ability to prioritize well and remember all guest requests.
- Highly reliable, responsible, honest and focused on supporting the team at all times.
- Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. No history of attendance or reliability issues with former employers.
- Excellent math and cash handling abilities; previous cash handling experience is preferred.
- Openness to constructive feedback and being coached/mentored.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 5 hours in length.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Arrive on time, in proper uniform ready to work.
- Maintain excellent personal grooming and hygiene (i.e. hair, facial hair, fingernails, etc.), and wear appropriate professional attire, and slip-resistant shoes.
- Engage in polite and prompt interaction with guests. Be the face of Starbird.
- Communicate clearly and quickly with Starbird guests to ensure effective service.
- Know the ingredients and components of our food and beverage items, and know how to find this information.
- Complete assigned opening side work as outlined for your position or as directed by manager.
- Perform necessary prep work, side work, and clean up.
- Show patience and understanding while assisting guests with the food, ingredients, and ordering process at Starbird.
- Clearly repeat all orders back to the guest, making sure to include all modifications.
- Thank all guests you assist; use eye contact and smile.
- Meet or exceed the throughput demands of the cashier position as communicated by your manager.
- Cash drawer accountability; count drawer at beginning of shift to acknowledge it contains determined amount of cash.
- Exercise care with all equipment ensuring minimum breakage.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work station at all times.
- Stay busy doing something productive at all times.
- Tidy/clean the restaurant at all times (i.e. pick up garbage from floor, wipe-up water or liquid immediately from floors/counters). Never walk past trash on the floor without picking it up.
- Complete assigned closing side work as outlined for your position or as directed by manager.
- Report all tipped income.
- Read all notices and memos directed to team members.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation procedures. Practice safe food handling to prevent cross contamination.
- Take breaks according to California State Law and Starbird policy being sure to notify managers of impending break requirements.
- Notify management of any comments, suggestions or complaints from any guest.
MEASUREMENT OF SUCCESS
- Meet or exceed all Starbird Core Values and Hospitality Standards as described in our Team Member Handbook.
- Perform every step for your position every time as described in the Runner Guide.
- Make sure every guest leaves happier than they arrived.
- Have fun and maintain positive, professional relationships with all team members and managers.